Stormproof: God's Purpose and Pursuit In The Storm - September 15, 2019
Scripture to Read: Ephesians 2:10; John 1:12; Romans 8:16; 2 Corinthians 1:21-22; Luke 15:1-7
1. Has there ever been a time when you felt that God was pursuing you? How did that feel? How did you respond?
- Dusty talked about Ephesisans 2:10. Read that passage to answer these questions. Do you believe that God has purpose for you? If "yes," how are you pursuing that? If "no," how could you discover His purpose for your life?
- Read Romans 8:16 and 2 Corinthians 1:21-22. How does that Spirit of God testify in you that you belong to Christ? If you are unsure of the answer to this question, who could you talk to for guidance in this matter?
- Read John 1:12. According to this verse, how do we know we belong to God?
- Read Luke 15:1-7. What does this say about God? How does this describe His love for you?
6. Think about Dave Norberry's testimony that was shared. What was the most compelling to you about Dave's story? How does it encourage you in your walk with Christ? If you haven't seen it, find the link here.
7. Dave ended with the statement. "Whereever I go, there He is." Take time this week to read and meditate on Psalm 139. Ask God to confirm for you that He is with you and you are His. If you have questions about that, reach out to your small group leader or a staff member. We would love to pray and seek God with you.
The Divided Kingdom: Josiah - September 1, 2019
Scripture to Read: 2 Chronicles 34:1 - 35:27; 2 kings 22:1 - 23:37
- Josiah didn’t have ACCESS to the book of the law. In our day we have SO much access, yet our Bibles often sit, unsought. What might change if you and I took seeking of the Word of God as seriously as Josiah did?
- When Josiah heard the book of the law, he tore His clothes - a sign of grief, anguish, or outrage. Because he had never known the book of the law, this kind of grief response could have only come from the prompting of God’s Spirit. What would it look like if you and I asked the Spirit to step into our times of seeking in God’s Word, asking Him to prompt our hearts to respond?
- Josiah went to GREAT lengths to cleanse the temple and the nation of godless practices. What would it look like for you and I to “clean up the temple”? What little idols do we tolerate that are offending God and possibly keeping us from experiencing a fuller relationship with Him?
Stormproof: Surrender In The Storm - September 8, 2019
Scripture to Read: Luke 14:25-27,33; Hebrews 12:2-3
1. Has there ever been a time when your parents fought for you, or you fought for your child the way Shari had to fight for her son?
- What was the most powerful part of Shari’s testimony for you?
- Is there anything you are currently sacrificing to follow Jesus?
- In Luke 14:25, Jesus says that if we don’t love other people and things less than Him, we cannot be his disciples. Why is this true? How do we live this out practically - as we are called to love others? How does this help us face the storm?
- In Hebrews 12:2-3, the author reminds us that Jesus’ surrender enabled Him to endure the cross until He sat down at God’s right hand. How does meditating on the sacrifice and surrender of Christ help us to overcome and stand strong in the storm?